Hairspray the musical tickets are guaranteed to put a smile on the face of every West End theatre fan. Hairspray tickets are sure to be snapped up fast, so whether you’re a Michael Ball fan looking for the best Hairspray theatre tickets to get up close to this West End legend, or perhaps you prefer to boogie with Ball in the best seats in a box, you’ll find tickets for Hairspray in London on sale now. We’ve got great seats at all prices and you can check out the best seat reviews on our interactive seat map.
Dream big with this sensational sixties smash-hit!
What’s Hairspray about?
You can’t stop the beat – that’s the mantra of big-hearted, big-haired Tracy Turnblad. She’s a girl that believes everyone should have the chance to dance. But in 1962, Baltimore has other ideas – and you have to be the right colour to fit it. When Tracy is picked to dance on the Corny Collins TV show, she soon realises this could be her big break. But Tracy isn’t going to stop there – it’s time the world changed to glorious technicolour! West End superstar Michael Ball reprises his cross-dressing role as Edna Turnblad, Tracy’s larger-than-life mom in this infectiously feel-good Broadway smash hit. Can Tracy triumph over adversity? Will she win the heart of hunky teen heartthrob Link Larkin? Or will pushy Amber Von Tussle and her devious mother Velma, ruin Tracy’s plans?
Step back into the sixties, where big is beautiful, hairdos are high, and a can of hairspray is all a girl needs to change the world! This huge-hearted, smash hit musical arrives at the magnificent London Coliseum in May. It’s the must-see event of the summer!
The canny, catchy, Tony Award winning score features the songs Good Morning Baltimore, Big, Blonde and Beautiful and Welcome To The 60s along with the show’s mega-smash hit You Can’t Stop The Beat. You’ll come out dancing on air and you’ll be singing the songs all summer long! Don’t miss out – book now!
The show was originated on Broadway by the award-winning creative team of Jack O’Brien (director) and Jerry Mitchell (choreographer) where it won eight Tony Awards before crossing to the UK and scooping four Olivier Awards too. Best Musical, Best Original Score, they just kept coming. That’s not all – seven Drama Desk Awards and two Theatre World awards make this one of the most decorated shows in theatre history! See why for yourself at the London Coliseum this summer!
Five Hilarious Hairspray Facts
1. In the musical movie, the song Good Morning Baltimore features a flasher. It’s a cameo appearance by John Waters, who wrote the screenplay for the original film.
2. During the first West End run, several audience members complained that Michael Ball didn’t appear in the show, not realising that he was playing a woman!
3. The song You Can’t Stop the Beat is affectionately referred to as ‘You Can’t Stop to Breathe’ by the cast because it’s so fast!
4. In a competition, it would be hard to decide who wins highest hair – Bet Lynch, Marge Simpson or Patsy Stone. Tracy Turnblad could give them all a run for their money!
5. In the film of Hairspray, it took John Travolta four hours to get into the 30lb body-suit to play Edna Turnblad. He also had to wear 5 gel-silicone face prosthetics! At least, that’s his story…
What critics have said about Hairspray
“Sweet, infinitely spirited, bubblegum-flavored…it more than lives up to its promise” Charles Isherwood, Variety
“Stocked with canny, deliriously tuneful songs…[Hairspray] succeeds in recreating the pleasures of the old-fashioned musical comedy” Ben Brantley
“Fast-paced, feel-good and irresistibly entertaining” The Stage
“My beehive had capsized with excitement even before the curtain had even gone up” The Independent
Musical Theatre Prisoners 10 greatest ever escapes. 22 February, 2021
Feel-good musical soundtracks to brighten your day. 27 March, 2020
For Accessibility information please phone 020 7845 9300 or email email@example.com
London Coliseum, 33 St Martin's Lane, Westminster, London, WC2N 4ES
1. If you test positive for COVID-19, display symptoms, or are asked to isolate by NHS Test and Trace you can exchange your tickets.
2. If the show is cancelled due to COVID-19 or any other reason, you will be offered a free exchange or refund.
3. If the show is going ahead and you are able to attend, there will be no exchange or refund available.
Hairspray Cast & Creatives
The London Coliseum cast includes:
Edna Turnblad – Michael Ball*
Wilbur Tunblad – Paul Merton
Tracy Turnblad – Lizzie Bea
Link Larkin – Jonny Amies
Motormouth Maybelle – Marisha Wallace
Velma Von Tussle – Rita Simons
Amber Von Tussle – Georgia Anderson
Inez – Kimani Arthur
Wilbur Turnblad (alternate) - Dermot Canavan
Female Authority Figure – Lori Haley Fox
Penny Pingleton – Mari McGinlay
Seaweed J Stubbs - Ashley Samuels
Corny Collins – Michael Vinsen
Shelly/Ensemble – Imogen Bailey
IQ/Ensemble – Pearce Barron
Duane/Ensemble – Jordan Benjamin
Sketch/Ensemble – Nicholas Collier
Brad/Ensemble – Joel Cooper
Fender/Ensemble – Luke George
Gilbert/Ensemble - Christopher Gopaul
Lou-Ann/Ensemble – Lily Laight
Tammy/Ensemble – Hannah Grace Lawson
Brenda/Ensemble – Madeleine Lawton
Dynamite/Ensemble – Holly Liburd
Dynamite/Ensemble – Mireia Mambo
Thad/Ensemble – Kody Mortimer
Dynamite/Ensemble – Robyn Rose
Lorraine/Ensemble – Kibong Tanji
Walking cover Edna/Male Authority Figure/Wilbur – Christopher Howell
Walking Cover Tracy Turnblad – Natalie Woods
Swing – Winny Herbert
Swing – Will Luckett
Swing/Dance Captain – Tinovimbanashe Sibanda
Swing – Amy West
*Michael Ball will not appear at certain performances
Book – Mark O’Donnell and Thomas Meehan
Music & Arrangements – Marc Shaiman
Lyrics – Scott Wittman and Marc Shaiman
Director – Jack O’Brien
Choreographer – Jerry Mitchell
Good To Know
Please note: Performances where Michael Ball will not be performing.
- Tuesday 7.30pm 4 and 11 of May
- Tuesday 7.30pm 22 and 29 June
- Tuesday 7.30pm 6th July
- Tuesday 7.30pm 3,17 and 24 August.
How Does It Work
You will receive a confirmation email with your voucher attached. Please show your voucher on your phone, or print this ticket, to gain entry to the event. The barcode will be scanned upon entry.
Where Do I Go
St. Martin's Lane