Queen of British Soul and West End leading lady Beverley Knight stars in the world premiere of a brand new musical The Drifters Girl, with the sensational Adam J Bernard (Dreamgirls), Tarinn Callender (Hamilton), Matt Henry (Kinky Boots) and Tosh Wanogho-Maud (Showboat).
Discover the remarkable story of The Drifters, one of the world’s greatest vocal groups, and the truth about the woman who made them. Beverley Knight stars as Faye Treadwell, the legendary manager of The Drifters, who, alongside her husband, fought for three decades to turn Atlantic Records' hottest vocal group into a global phenomenon.
From the highs of hit records and sell out tours to the lows of legal battles and personal tragedy, The Drifters Girl charts the trailblazing efforts of the world’s first African American, female music manager and how she refused to ever give up on the group she loved. Thirty years, and hundreds of hit songs later, there is no doubt that Faye Treadwell was and always will be, The Drifters Girl.
With an unbelievable soundtrack of some of the most iconic songs in history, including Save The Last Dance For Me, Under The Boardwalk, Kissin’ In The Back Row Of The Movies, Stand By Me, Come On Over To My Place And Saturday Night At The Movies.
For access information please contact 0330 333 4815
2 Charing Cross Rd, Charing Cross, London WC2H 0HH
1. If you test positive for COVID-19, display symptoms, are asked to isolate by NHS Test and Trace, or your local COVID-19 tier prevents you from attending, you can exchange your tickets.
2. If the show is cancelled due to COVID-19 or any other reason, you will be offered a free exchange or refund.
3. If the show is going ahead and you are able to attend, there will be no exchange or refund available.
From Monday 13 December Covid-Passes will need to be presented as a condition of entry to our theatres. Therefore, if customers are 18 years of age or older, they will need to provide any of the following documentation for entry to the theatre;
NHS COVID Pass on a smart device
NHS COVID Pass letter
Fully completed vaccination card
International equivalents will be accepted
Proof of a negative rapid lateral flow test within the last 48 hours (via text or email).
Proof of a negative PCR test within the last 48 hours (via text or email).
You can find out more information regarding the NHS Covid Pass here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/
Good To Know
The appearance of any member of cast is subject to change and may be affected by contracts, holiday, illness, or events beyond the producers' control.
Please note: Beverley Knight is not scheduled to perform in The Drifters Girl from 17th - 22nd January 2022.
How Does It Work
Online Check-in will be required for this event
To assist with test and trace the venue are introducing an airline-style check-in.
- 48 hours before your performance you will receive a pre-visit email with a check-in link from Nimax Theatres
- You will be required to confirm that members of your party do not have Covid-19 symptoms - if you cannot confirm this you will be given details on how to exchange (this must be completed no later than 10am on the morning of your performance).
- Email address - this will be used to communicate pre-show procedures to you, assist with test and trace and provide e-tickets on completion of check-in.
- The venue will only accept E-ticket for admittance
- Nimax Theatres will provide you with a contactless e-tickets upon completion of “check-in”.
Seat Selection Info
Online check-in will be required for this event. You will receive an email 48 hours before your performance. Upon completion of check-in you will receive your e-tickets. In response to audience demand we are increasing our capacity but continuing to maintain robust covid mitigation measures.
When Can I Go
4 November 2021 - 2 July 2022
Where Do I Go
Garrick Theatre, 2 Charing Cross Road, London, WC2H 0HH.
Leicester Square (Northern, Piccadilly) Charing Cross (Northern, Bakerloo) Embankment (District, Circle)
3, 6, 9, 12, 13, 15, 24, 29, 30